Wednesday, May 19, 2010

An Interesting Conversation To Have With A 5 Year Old

I was sitting on the couch working the other night, and Nick and Erik were watching a science documentary on TV. Nick runs up to me, very excited (this is obviously not word for word):
Nick: Mom do you know how big a neutrino is?
Me: No, I don't, how big is a neutrino?
Nick (emphatically): Very small, it's even smaller than an atom.
Me: Do you know how big an atom is?
Nick: An Atom is so tiny you can't even see it! It's really, really, really tiny.
Me: And a neutrino is even smaller than that?
Nick: Yes, it's smaller than an atom, is super tiny.

So... my 5 year old son now knows about neutrinos. You'd have thought he was discussing dinosaurs he was so excited. Somehow I don't think teaching him science is going to be difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment